Employee International Travel

PLEASE READ: Effective April 1, 2024 – The policies and procedures represented in the Employee Domestic, Employee International, and Corporate Travel Card (CTC) pages will be replaced by Concur. A grace period of 90 days will begin, to phase out the previous policies, expiring on July 1, 2024. You are strongly encouraged to familiarize yourself with Concur during this period.
Learn About Concur

This section only applies to employees who are using state funds to travel on university business. If you are traveling and using Research Foundation funds, please refer to the SDSU Research Foundation travel website for more information.

Step 1:

Review CSU Travel Policy and the SDSU Travel Policy (PDF) to ensure you are aware of the requirements of the policy. If you do not comply with the policy, you may not be reimbursed for your travel costs.

Step 2:

Complete a T1/T2 Form to request authorization from your supervisor and FAH approver.  International travel must also be approved by the President and there must be a completed Foreign Travel Insurance Program Request (PDF). Forms must be submitted 45 days prior to travel. Refer to How to Submit the T1/T2 Form (PDF) for more information on how to access and complete the form.

T1/T2 must  be approved before travel begins.

Step 3:

Complete iExpense reconciliation in Oracle (for CTC card holders) or the Travel Expense Claim form) with required receipts/documentation within 60 days of the return travel date. Itemized receipts are required for all expenses of $75 or any charges on Corporate Travel Card (CTC).

Refer to CSU Travel Policy and the SDSU Travel Policy (PDF) for more information and guidelines for the required documentation.

Pro Tip: If you have CTC  charges, you must use iExpense to reconcile those charges. iExpense can also be used for out of pocket expenses.

Step 4:

Submit iExpense reconciliation in Oracle or email approved Travel Expense Claim and required receipts/documentation to Procure-to-Pay team ([email protected]) for processing.

Step 5:

The employee will receive a check or electronic payment (if the employee has signed up for direct deposit) once the Travel Expense Claim is approved by the Fiscal Authorization Hierarchy (FAH) approver and processed by the Procure-to-Pay team. 

To enroll in direct deposit, please complete and submit the Direct Deposit Authorization form via Adobe Sign. Please note this is not the same Direct Deposit as HR payroll. For more information on how to access and submit a form through an Adobe Sign Workflow please refer to How to Access Adobe Sign Workflows (PDF)